FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A July 4th Happy Birthday

Celebrating Gregory's birthday at the Lieberman Center with care giver Manny and companion/friend Alaksh. Gregory turned 66 today and it was with mixed emotions that we partied. In the first photo Gregory is not unhappy, just unfocused. In the third photo you will see his smiling face.

I think he knew it was his birthday and when I sang the birthday song to him on arrival he cried and I cried and we hugged. Later when we lit the candle and all sang, he sang along. After a little coaching and demonstrating, he blew out the candle. (P.S. He also blew out the candle on my cake last March.)

Really bittersweet. Devistating if I think of the past. Wonderful, grateful, and blessed when I think only of the here and now! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!