FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Perfect Moment

Gregory has not been feeling well. He has a cold and deep cough. The staff at Lieberman was on it before I could even ask: Robitussin every four hours, antibiotics.

Even though he does not feel well, Gregory has been able to "settle" into his cold and be calm and stay comfortable. Manny continues to push the water and juice and has allowed Gregory to just rest.

Today when I visited, Gregory and I just sat and held hands. He slept for part of the time but was aware and focused for part of the time as well.

When I offered him a piece of chocolate he took it in his mouth, closed his eyes, and sighed "Oh my,' a few times.

Gregory's reaction to the chocolate reaction was A Perfect Moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!