FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Phone Call

B,

Good talking with you on the telephone the other day. I kiddingly said, "You were my first!" and we  laughed. But you were the first person I could really talk with about Gregory's diagnosis who knew the impossibility of what I was and am going through.

Being so close to Gregory's family and knowing Gregory since he was a kid ... yet not being family ... made you the perfect support candidate. I think that your and Les's diagnosis was about ten years ahead of Gregory and mine. 

So I suffered my situation and yours as well. Hopefully I was a support to you. Now Les has moved on, the man you loved still lives on in your memory. Gregory will probably not move on for many years to come but as you said, "The man I love still lives in my memory."

Love you lots, thanks for being there for me, thanks for being you,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!