FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Detached Assistance

My horoscope below hits home and reminds me that I am Gregory's caregiver partner because of our love for each other: 1) Not because I need his admiration (or that of others ... but a thank you now and then and recognition by others of the task on my shoulders is nice,) 2) Not because I  need to be needed (although it does make me feel useful and gives me purpose,) 3) Not because I need to nourish my sense of self (although I do need to remind myself now and then that I am doing a good job.)

By helping Gregory, I get a sense of joy and know that he feels more comfortable and safe in his life. I act from my heart as we live each day, am guided by the spirt within, and have pure intentions. Now if I only could separate the EMOTIONAL from the INTELLECTUAL and shorten the reaction time of putting the emotions to rest while behaving in a gentle, respectful, loving way removed from anger, fear, and frustration.

February 25, 2013
Detached Assistance
Aries Daily Horoscope

Assisting others who require your help could make the things you do seem valuable today. It might be that your sense of self-worth is linked directly to the perception of others, particularly as it pertains to the things you do for them. While doing things for others can be positive, you might want to practice separating your feelings of self from the things you do. Should you receive thanks or praise from someone related to something you have completed today, you can take a deep breath and remind yourself that you are the same person you were before receiving the admiration of others. Keeping this in mind could help you detach from needing the approval of the people around you to nourish your sense of self and might make it easier to support others with honest intentions instead of hidden motives of self-gratification.

Learning to help others simply for the joy it brings makes our assistance pure and earnest. Needing to be needed can be a large part of our desire to help people for it makes us feel that without us someone else would have a difficult time getting by in life, which in turn bolsters our confidence in ourselves. When we act from our hearts and with the guidance of our spirits, however, we require nothing in return, since we are accessing the beauty of our souls and using that purity to help, which makes our assistance much more worthwhile. By helping without expecting anything today, you will serve others with the purest of intentions.

Taken from: www.dailyom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!