FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Meditation

I am taking a class at the Heartwood Center in Evanston with Corinne Peterson.
http://www.corinnepeterson.com/yoga-therapy/ and have been posting any insights I gain during the Sunday sessions. Today was session three.

This session we focused on JOY which interestingly enough I posted about last session as well. Corinne talked us through a way to focus on bringing JOY to the forefront of our thinking when we need it.

So far, through the mindful meditation and awareness of body and breath, I have developed for myself the concept that I exist within the boundaries of my physical body and the rest of the world is outside of my boundaries.

I can fill my boundaries with emotions, beliefs, and thoughts that I want to let in. I can invite the "difficult" in to look at, deal with, come to grips with, but then I can invite it out and close the door behind it.

Just because there are difficulties in my life does not mean that I have to allow them to "fill" me and my "body space" and drain me of happiness and joy.

So when Corinne suggested using color to activate the JOY that exists within, I defined my physical boundary space with a bright golden neon outline. When I want or need to focus on the JOY WITHIN, that is all I have to do is flip on the switch and the neon outline of my physical boundary will glow brightly.

Another realization arrived when I was at the most relaxed point of our meditation, "The mind gets in the way. If one can turn it off and JUST BE, one is probably the closest that one can be to truth and to peace. The rest is noise.

On going into the session, I had intended my "intent" to deal with my anger over interactions with Gregory that "get strange." I did get a message here too. It was brief and to the point. "Don't try to deal with the anger, just replace it with love, and more love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!