FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, November 22, 2010

I Choose Joy

"I am an avid reader of "The Daily Word" from Unity Temple, a positive approach to spiritual living. You can find out more at this link: Daily Word, Unity

Most often, the day's reading is exactly what I needed. I have to be honest, I am not sure that I believe in GOD in the religious sense of the concept but think there may be some form of a Spiritual God and therefore Unity has always "spoken" to me. When reading a day's passage I am apt to skim over the references to Jesus, God, etc but the strong message always comes through. See for yourself!

Today is Monday, November 22, 2010. The reading in Daily Word is called: "I choose joy." I have recreated it here with a few changes (mainly omitting references to God.) It was meaningful to me this morning especially after a series of extremely difficult exchanges with Gregory right before bedtime. My loss of patience affected me so that I could not apologize, ignore, or sleep well. I just had to get through the night, which I did. This morning I am back to "normal" or as I like to call it "even" since "normal" will probably never be part of my life again!

"The greatest joy of an abundant life may simply be the ability to choose my responses and create a life of fullness regardless of any outward appearance or situation. In the midst of any circumstance, I can choose to be happy and joyful even as I respond to the needs of the moment.


"I choose to rejoice in the good in my life, giving thanks for a world of plenty. Looking beyond seeming lack and limitation, I recognize the spiritual abundance that is present.


"I choose to express generosity and gratitude towards others, and life becomes more precious and abundant. I choose the joy of living in the fullness of good right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found a place to read this wonderful type of affirmation. The help you get from it is something very precious, I can see.

    xoxo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!