FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Christmas Invitation

I was invited to spend Christmas Eve with friends a week or so ago and they sent an e-mail reminding me that if I change my mind last minute, I am welcome to join them. They are good, loyal friends. The bowl pictured was a gift by V who is a sculptor. It is hammered and stained aluminum. I filled the bowl with vintage Santas.

I wrote this reply to their reminder invitation:

K & V,
I appreciate your stick-to-it-tive-ness and I am sure it would be a wonderful time. I will be spending Christmas Eve with Gregory at Lieberman. I'll have dinner with him in the dining room and afterwards we'll open presents and watch the DVD "A Christmas Carol." 

I'll bring some cookies I have baked and we will have hot chocolate: Gregory's Great Grandma Barbara's German Christmas Cookies and My Mom Adeline's Walnut Balls.

It will be much how Gregory and I always used to spend Christmas Eve but under different circumstances. I am doing much better this holiday season than I thought I would.

In thinking about what a mess life was last year at this time, I know I have much for which to be grateful and I am unable to be sad! 

I will still try not to dwell too much on the past good and enjoy the present good.

Lots of love,
Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!