FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Sing-A-Long

You had to be Jewish to sing along but the idea was lovely. Some 60 Jewish students entertained some 300 residents at yesterday's Lieberman Sing-A-Long. The event was held in the community room. The music was Passover oriented and while for the most part it was the students singing, the residents did clap and some did rock along to the music.

I will be honest in that I used to think these kind of pretend events were pathetic. Noisy. People not aware of their surroundings. An attempt at bringing life to the dead. I do not mean to be mean, just honest.

Now, I enjoy these event whole heartedly. Each person IS aware in their own way at their own level. The noise is inevitable but does not distract. The music did bring life to the dead and much more.

In the future, I will work at not judging before I am an integrated part of an experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!