FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Joy is in the Air

Yesterday, after visiting Gregory for dinner, I experienced Joy. 

He was responsive, in a good mood, and happy. We spent time together over dinner and then watched his DVD of seasons backed with classical music, very comforting. 

On the way home I stopped to pick up dinner at my new favorite Chinese "hole in the wall" carry out restaurant. It is located on Golf about half way between Gregory and home. 

As I was walking back to the car, carrying my bag of Fried Rice, Shrimp Egg Fu Young, and Mongolian Beef; I sensed something different. 

Was it the feel of Spring in the air? Maybe. Was it the smell of the freshly cooked food in my bag? Maybe. Was it that my back (which has been out since Easter) finally had begun to feel better? Maybe. Was it the good visit with Gregory? Maybe.

Then I realized what I was sensing was Joy. Everything was good and in its place. And I was happy and content. And my feet seemed to be hovering above the pavement on which I was walking and my heart was soaring through the clouds, the blue sky, and the setting sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!