FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Joy

As paraphrased from The Daily Word, Saturday, July 02, 2011.
JOY
I celebrate life with joy and gratitude.
Regardless of my circumstances at the moment, on this blessed summer day, I look for evidence of goodness and take it in with all my senses. I hear the joyful sounds of life--music playing, children laughing, and neighbors chatting outside their homes.
I savor the fragrance from a nearby rose garden or the aroma of dinner cooking on an outdoor grill. The taste of a refreshing glass of iced tea or an ice cream treat brings a smile to my lips. I revel in the warm summer sun or the coolness of an air-conditioned room. Each sensory experience reminds me of the joy of being alive, as joy shines in me and in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!