FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy & Coping

I think I have written this before but after responding to a friend who read some of my Alzheimer's Blog and who I used to teach with many, many years ago, I felt it was worth saying again.


Again, thanks for the kind words. I like to say that on a scale of horrible to horrible it is terrible. But as you could tell from my writing, Gregory is happy and content and I am coping. We both seem to have Piece and Peace of Mind. Thus, we are doing well. I also like to say that if it stopped here I would be grateful but... and I try not to dwell too much on the future. We consider ourselves blessed and wake up each morning to face the day with love and joy. Take care.
m

I haven't been writing much as I have told you previously because of all the time, effort, work, joy, and magic of getting Michael's Museum at the Chicago Children's Museum up and running. Gregory took great joy and pride in coming to CCM with me during the month of April and the first half of May to help with the unpacking and installation of the MM exhibit. One morning he commented in the car, "I really like getting up so early and coming with, it is like I have purpose!" That sounded good to me.


Michael's Museum Exhibit Photos - Michael Horvich - Picasa Web Albums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!