FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Frustration Time Two

Today G and I had another one of our talks. He may or may not remember the talk but it helps me to process and it feels like we are sharing the dilemma of Alzheimer's. He is living it and I am feeling the repercussions of protecting him while dealing with my emotions as I watch his decline.

Today's talk centered around a number of events that took place this weekend. He was having trouble with doing something. I had to step in to help and this made him a little angry and short with me.

In a previous BLOG we came to the conclusion that: "...my helping him has  become a choice between hurting his feeling less or hurting his feelings more. "


This time we came came to the conclusion that sometimes it seems like our choice is his being frustrated when he cannot do something or his frustration when I have step in to help. Either way ... FRUSTRATION.


Luckily (others would say Thank God) the frustration and anger is short lived and we just get on with living our life the best we can. He will usually end with, "I love you very much." I will reply, "That was never in question! I love you too."

1 comment:

  1. I believe that the love you share is what is keeping you both going. How wonderful that you share something so special.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!