FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Gregory is Reading the Manuscript

He has begun reading the manuscript and the feedback has been minimal. I asked him about it the other day and his response was, "Well I read it and then this and that happens and I go on and then that's it." Translation: I find it difficult to hold on to what I read long enough to be able to talk about it at a later date."

The other day he did bring the manuscript in to me while I was working at my computer and pointed to a section saying, "This part is brilliant!" It was about my learning to not press for facts and/or more information from him if it didn't really matter." Interesting that he found this part interesting.

A little while later he laughed and I asked what he was laughing about. He read the following passage, "How can he be so normal at times and so confused at others." He appreciated the irony in the statement.

I have asked him if he has found the reading difficult and he says it hasn't. He says that at times it is painful but at other times joyful. He apologized for "all the pain he causes me" and I told him that love and pain go hand in hand, that I gladly accept being there for him no matter the pain, and that I love him more than ever. We hugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!