FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Difficult Decisons

Difficult decisions. I asked Gregory if he wanted to read my manuscript. This is the 140 page manuscript of my memoirs (if I can be so pompous to use that term) about Gregory and my experiences over the last seven years since his diagnosis of Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease. It has been sent to LaChance Publishing per their request to see my work.


There is nothing in the essays, observations, comments, dream descriptions, or poetry that Gregory does not know about but very often Alzheimer's "protects" the recipient with a buffer from remembering many of the difficulties and changes that take place over time. Also, I freely share my thoughts and feelings in my writings, many of which I do not share with Gregory not wanting him to needlessly feel sad because I feel sad.


Since the story is also his, how could I not at least ask him if he wanted to read it. And he chose to. In fact he is sitting at the kitchen counter, with a cup of coffee, reading it as I type this. I'll let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, please take a minute to leave a comment. It doesn't have to be anything special, just let me know that you have been here. Comment information is at the top of the blog and colored lavender. Thanks.



2 comments:

  1. I hope that he understands and reacts well to your manuscript.
    I will be very interested to hear how he handles it.

    xoxo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very courageous of both Greg and you..... And what was his reaction?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!