FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Long and Winding Road

Written by Paul McCartney, originally appeared on The Beatles' album Let It Be.  It became The Beatles' last number-one song in the United States on 23 May 1970


The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
Lead me to your door.

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day.
Why leave me standing here?
Let me know the way.

Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried,
Anyway you'll never know
The many ways I've tried.

And still they lead me back
To the long, winding road
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door.

But still they lead me back
To the long winding road
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago (ohhh)
Don't keep me waiting here (don't keep me waiting)
Lead me to your door. 

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea that this was happening in your life! I will be very interested in reading what you have to say about this....love to both of you!

    Cousin Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother began a downward spiral beginning at age 56, - alzheimers - and the decline continued steadily for nearly 20 yrs, but she never lost her good nature, and truly became an inspiration to us all. My heart goes out to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a good idea Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mother suffered from ALZ for a dozen years. She passed away in 2005 at the age of 85. The last months of her life were spent in a long term care facility where I met many other ALZ families and their loved ones being taken away by this dreadful disease.

    I understand where you are....and I am here for you. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, Nina, Sheila, Bryn,
    Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!