FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Scatology Part 2

Just when I have gotten over the previous dilemma, disappointment, impasse, lack of communication, misunderstanding, inability to discuss therefore solve or explain ... the SHIT hits the fan again.

Every hour on the hour I have been sending Gregory to sit on the toilet just in case he might need to move his bowels. I have tried to let him be more independent by not supervising. I go in after while, ask him to stand up, so I can check his progress. So far two small liquid movements. Several times nothing and that is good. NO accidents and that is even better.

I have stopped supervising his "wiping" having decided that if he is not as clean as he should be, so be it. We'll shower again tonight.

He just finished his 3:00 attempt in the bathroom. I came in several minutes later to see how he had done. Luckily he had not done anything because he forgot to pull down his underpants. There he was sitting on the toilet, folded toilet paper in hand at the ready, with his underpants full up.

I began to point out the problem but from the look on his face I could tell I was WASTING my breath talking about the situation. So I am writing this instead.

Again, not for your sympathy or your feeling like you want to help but can't.  I am writing this because my BLOG is SOMEONE I can talk to and get some closure and do the theoretical count to ten to calm myself down.

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... ... ... ... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!