FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

One of our favorite Edith Piaf songs is Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien. The other day, I was talking to myself during a moment of mindfulness and I said, " When Gregory dies, I do not want to regret not having done my best for him." Let that be my mantra and the measure of the rest of our days together.

Click here to see her perform the song.
Opens in a new window.

No, nothing of nothing

No! I don't feel sorry about anything
Not the good things people have done to me
Not the bad things, it's all the same to me.

No, nothing of nothing
No! I don't feel sorry about anything
It's paid for, removed, forgotten,
I'm happy of the past

With my memories
I lit up the fire
My troubles, my pleasures
I don't need them anymore

Broomed away my love stories
And all their tremble
Broomed away for always
I start again from zero

Non ! Je ne regrette rien
Ni le mal, tout ça m'est bien égal !
Non ! Je ne regrette rien
Because my life, my joys
Today, they begin with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!