FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, February 10, 2012

New Hope for Mice

This photograph was part of the Wall Street Journal article which I just posted. I was reading the article on my iPad (which is a new behavior for me) and when I flicked to the next page there was a full life picture of these mice who were part of the study. It compares normal mouse nest building behaviors and Alzheimer's Mouse nest building inabilities. The final picture shows the Alz Mouse, after the "miracle drug," being better able to build his nest. 
Just looking at the photographs and reading through the captions brought me to sobbing. I was so sad for the mouse but seeing the obvious loss in the mouse'a ability to accomplish something so innate, simple yet crucial like nest building brought home what Gregory goes through on a daily, if not hourly basis. 

I will be better in my support of him.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!