FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day: The Results

So today we celebrated Valentine's Day over breakfast. G opened his card, and his dozen long stem red roses, and his photography book, and his chocolates. It gave me great joy getting all those traditional things of love for him.

He was so pleased to hand me the card he purchased for me, details of which were included in yesterday's post. It meant a lot to me that he remembered and I was pleased to help him follow through with his remembering. Below is a picture of the card.

Covert analysis: Unusual card. Not of the type he would usually get for me. Not really romantic. Since he couldn't sign his name and at my suggestion to draw something he added what looks like tears? blood dripping for the heart? who knows?

Overt analysis: So pleased. Hugged him and thanked him. Sat down together to look through the photography book that "we bought for each other" and even thought it was still morning, broke into the candy "we bought for each other."

Reality analysis: Honestly pleased.  He did the best he could. He expressed his love for me. He felt good about the exchange and therefore so did I. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.

Tonight we go to a fancy restaurant for dinner then to see "Midsummer's Night Dream" at the Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!