FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Conjugation


Grammatical conjugation is the  the variation of the form of a verb in an inflected language such as Latin, by which are identified the voice, mood, tense, number, and person. In Spanish an example of conjugation of the verb hablar (to speak) is hablo, hablas, habla, hablamos, hablais, hablan. Translated into English it is present tense I speak; you (informal speak;) you (formal) speak; he, she, or it speaks; we speak, you (plural informal) speak; they (you plural formal) speak. 

One can do the same for past tense (hable,) I spoke; imperfect tense (hablaba,) I speak (over time;) future tense (hablare,) I will speak; subjective (hablara,) I will have spoken; etc.

In English, we are not as aware of verb conjugation because the verb changes very little and we use the pronoun to help. For example: to run: I run; you run; he, she, it runs; you (singular) run, we run, they run, they (plural) run. The verb form keeps to "run" or "runs." Much easier in English.

Sometimes I enjoy the nonsense of conjugating English words because you can conjugate them and it doesn't really matter to their use. This whole treatise  lead me to a poem dealing with Gregory's Alzhiemer's. A long trip but here we are:

I walk
You walk
He walks
We walk
The path together.

1 comment:

  1. I love the poem.......and the pic of you two is just wonderful! Thinking of you both!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!