FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Skip a Beat

Gregory and I were sitting out on the balcony after lunch. It was quiet and peaceful. Just below is the roof top garden and terrace. Flowers, trees, bushes, grass, and lawn furniture. No one was using the garden or terrace just then and it was pleasant to consider it our own.

I comment, "I am glad that there isn't an outdoor pool down there with people screaming and splashing about right under our window."

"Yes," Gregory replies, "And Chuck and John's."

Naturally, the conversation confuses me. So I ask for clarification, "Chuck and John don't have a pool?"

"I know, but I miss visiting with them."

I just sat there bewildered for a moment. I am beginning to think "Foolish Me," I should have just smiled and nodded.

Gregory asks, "Are you OK?"

"Yes, it is just that you need to skip a beat before you go on to the next subject. It confuses me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!