FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Caregiver Affirmations

This is taken from the "Fearless Caregiver Newsletter," Thursday, November 18, 2010, Issue #8, www.caregiver.com and was written by "Joe in Illinois."

Caregiver Affirmations

I forgive myself and others, I live in trust for the future and I embrace this moment in life.

I take time to cherish myself, to enjoy life and to accept the support and company of others.

I accept the mystery of life and suffering; I know that the important gift I give is my healing love, and caring, listening presence.

I eat well, I exercise, I get enough sleep and I speak kindly to myself.

I keep a sense of humor and life life in gratefulness for all the small gifts of life, and I am open to my source of power beyond myself.

I set limits with people and make my own needs and feelings known to others.

I am a wonderful source of healing for those that I care for because I first love and care for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!