FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fine Thank You

Most often, when I am out running errands, I run into family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances. They always ask after Gregory. "How is Gregory doing?"

I find that I do not know how to answer or at least there is no easy answer. I am pleased that they care and I always tell Gregory, "So and So asked after you." It pleases him to know people said "Hi!"

But how to answer? I usually go into my "On a scale of horrible to horrible it is terrible … but we are doing well, adjusting, and enjoying life as much as we can. We have so much to be grateful for." I explain that Gregory is still pretty independent, goes for long walks, and swims. I give them a few examples of how the Alzheimer's plays out just so they do not think that our life is all wonderful.

Soon (fingers crossed) I'll be able to anwser by saying, "You'll have to read the book." Haven't heard from LaChance Publishers yet but then again the manuscript has only been with them for two months and that is no time at all in the publishing world. Have I mentioned my idea for the title? GYROSCOPE: An Alzheimer's Love Story. I selected the concept because a gyroscope can spin wildly out of control but keep its balance … and it is a love story. Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!