FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, September 27, 2012


The above meditation arrives daily at my e-mail's door. This one spoke loudly to me as often, in the midst of our Alzheimer's Journey, I am not able to interpret or see how to apply the meditation.

WONDERFUL THINGS THAT THERE ALREADY ARE

Gregory often tells me he loves me.

His five to nine year old boy behaviors are endearing.

He tries hard to "get it right."

He seems to hold on to knowing what he doesn't know, like do NOT use the garbage disposal.

Gregory always says thank you.

He enjoys the meals I prepare for him and "goes on" about how delicious they are.

Says "Oh Goodie" when I tell him about our next adventure or who is coming to visit.

He still tries to communicate although words usually fail him.

In bed at night, we hold hands as we fall asleep.

He apologizes when he does something stupid.

Gregory tells me that I cannot always be calm and understanding.

He loves to paint and always looks forward to seeing his mentor/teacher/friend Nancy.

He shows me the daily architectural picture in his calendar.

He makes the bed when he thinks of it.

He laughs at my jokes and silliness. 

I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!