FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let Go

I have mentioned before that I find great solace in Unity Temple's "Daily Word." Not every day speaks to me but most often it does. I also clarify that I am a spiritual person not a religious person and continue to figure out what this thing called "God" is all about. You will note below that often I "alter" the religious overtones and make them my own. I am able to take the daily word at its word level and often the words make sense to me.

I found this entry a good suggestion for dealing with stressful interactions with Gregory. It addresses "one by one each concern for my life and the lives of my loved ones," which comes in handy, but I apply it instead to the difficulty of the moment and find that I am then able to respond calmly, lovingly, helpfully and not angrily or with frustration.

Try it...
Daily Word: Daily Inspiration From Unity
About Daily Word | Pray | Affirmations | Articles | Search Archives | Subscribe | Shop | Donate
Today's Daily Word

Monday, August 22, 2011
LET GO of the moment
, LET GOD
I release my concerns, certain of God's good.
Release is an act of confidence, not failure. In times of stress, I take a moment to find the gentle rhythm of my breath. If I feel tension, I relax my body and allow my mind to experience a moment of peace.

I breathe in and out with quiet awareness. On my outward breaths, I release one by one each concern for my life and the lives of my loved ones. On my inward breaths, I accept the assurance of right outcomes.


I let go of my need to control and to know how everything will unfold. New ideas and insights are revealed in divine time and order. I trust myself. I trust in God--the Infinite Source of healing and resolution. I will know what is mine to do, when it is time.
The Lord is good to all, and his compassion is over all that he has made. --Psalm 145:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!