FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Invader

In my deep, dream filled, to bed for the night, sleep
I felt someone brush lightly against my shoulder
Had someone gotten in and invaded my dreams?

I was filled with fear as I fought to bring myself awake
To shout out and reach over to shake Gregory awake
I needed him there with me to protect and care for me.

But he was not there, nor was the invader, I was alone
With only loneliness and grief, so I cried my fear.
Realizing this is my life for the rest of my life, alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!