FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

There is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem


This may seem tongue in cheek, it does not upset me, but rather is an observation. It is a true representation of part of the last five years of my life. The difficult part. I am aware that the wonderful, joyful, magical part far outnumbers this partial "Life Event List."

Five years ago, I identified five "problems:" 1) Gregory had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, 2) My father was quite ill and probably dying, 3) My good friend Marla had been diagnosed with a number of cancers and was definitely dying, 4) Our cat Hoover was now deaf and blind, crying a lot, and probably would not be able to make the move to the new condo, and 5) My mother's imminent death troubled me.

So far four of the five "problems" have been solved, an unexpected one occurred, and a new one was added. My father died on March 5, 2005. Marla died on March 15, 2005. Hoover died June 2007. Mom died on March 27, 2010. My Aunt Annette, a significant mentor in my life, died in August 2011.

The new "problem" is that our cat Mariah is in the throws of Renal Failure and is beginning to show signs of being uncomfortable. We will probably have to make her end of life decision soon.

Gregory is still healthy and strong, the only real "problem" left. Funny I don't think much about my own death being a "problem." I quote myself: "It all ends happily ever after."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!