FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Manuscript

Today, after close to a month of working with my editor Karen Schindler, I sent my manuscript off to the publisher who requested a look at it. The title of the work, at least in my head, is GYROSCOPE: An Alzheimer's Love Story. The title is based on the scientific instrument, a gyroscope, which can spin in circles while maintaining its balance. That is what my live has been like since Gregory's diagnosis of Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease in 2003

Through essays, observations, dreams, poetry, and selected quotations I tell the story of Gregory and my situation. Hopefully this upbeat positive work, when published, will help others involved with loving someone with Alzheimer's feel confirmed, supported, and a little less lonely.

I must say that I am a little down right now at having gone through my recent life at least three times. Once experiencing it, twice writing about it over the last seven years, thrice with the process of editing and proofreading it quite a number of times before considering it ready to send. Not an easy task.

My hopes are up but not my expectations. The manuscript is created and delivered, the rest is up to the publisher. At least for now...

1 comment:

  1. Love and good vibes being sent your way. I await good news!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!