FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, March 20, 2015

As The 70th Birthday Approaches

The birthday itself will be understated and calm on March 27. My birthday has become a time to be more retrospective and pensive because of Gregory’s not being here with me like he used to, my mom’s passing on my birthday (which I still consider a blessing that she began her next journey on the day she started mine,) and the fact that I am turning 70 (dealing OK with that but still…)

The lead-up will be hectic and amazing with 1) the carnival at Lieberman and 2) the arrival of four students who will be staying with me at the condo (one of whom is the son of dear friends, John and Maureen) from Chapman University. 

The kids are enrolled in program called Community Voices, a documentary filmmaking course that partners students with various non-profit organizations across Orange County and culminates in a 10-15 minute documentary film. 

They are partnered with the Orange County Alzheimer's Association and Gregory and I will be the subject of their documentary with a focus less on the sorrow and more on the love that continues to sustain both of us.

Watch for photos on facebook and on the blog: http://mhorvichcares.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!