FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Acceptance

I have previously written a piece about "Acceptance" as it relates to Gregory's dementia. I felt that while I might "get used" to his Alzheimer's diagnosis and the changes and journey we have been on, I would never "accept" it.

Several years after I had written that piece, I looked more closely at "Acceptance" and redefined it for myself. I will post my previous writing again but first wanted to post this one.

It is a look at acceptance from one of the many times that the Daily Word has "spoken" to me with words of wisdom. As usual, I have adjusted it slightly (with cross outs and red additions) to fit my point of view. See what you think.


Daily Word: Daily Inspiration From Unity
About Daily Word | Pray | Affirmations | Articles | Search Archives | Subscribe | Shop | Donate


Today's Daily Word
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
ACCEPTANCE
I accept and bless myself and others.
Acceptance is a powerful word, for it implies a willingness to listen and be open. Acceptance does not necessarily mean that I adopt another's point of view; it means I accept the right of another to have views different from my own. I accept people of different faiths, cultures and lifestyles. 

(I would add that it deals with acceptance of things one cannot change and learning to live with love and understanding while joining the journey others are on, like Alzheimer's Disease.)

Each person is a child of God--divinely created and divinely guided.

I accept myself as well. I do not judge harshly my past mistakes or perceived short-comings. I give myself the freedom to make mistakes, to have a unique point of view and to continue to learn and grow as a spiritual being. By accepting myself and others, I embrace differences and celebrate the uniqueness of every individual. (and every situation.)
Do not judge, so that you may not be judged.--Matthew 7:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!