FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, June 8, 2015

An Exchange With An Important Friend

Good commentary on the drugs Michael.  I think drugs may be appropriate based on the patient's situation/behaviors.  Sounds like you've come to that conclusion too.

Saw the article in Orange County Register. Wish I could see the video.  Is it available anywhere?

Hope you are doing OK.  If you wrote that poem in this latest message, it is so honest and on target.  I still remember so much.  You will never lose the good memories--:)

Love and hugs,
BD

Thanks Barbara as always for your feedback. 

Risperdal helped Gregory and now that he is getting a little too “agida” again, I think a small increase is the right decision. Actually have a “Care Conference” today with Social Worker and Head Nurse. 

Video will be released publicly but not for a while as it is being submitted to various film festivals and they all have “not previously shown or publicly released” clauses. You will be among the first to know when it is available. 

I am doing OK but as you know the hole that Dementia/Alzheimer’s tears in your chest never fully heals. 

I haven’t been writing much poetry because things with Gregory have been fairly calm. 

While the memories will always be there and will comfort me, I find that I still need to keep them under control so as not to overwhelm myself with despair. The poem slipped out last night during “one of those times.”

Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!