FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Flu Season

Even though Gregory had his flu shot, and me mine, we are both under the weather.

Mine started on Christmas Day.


Not sure when G's started.


Mine: fever 101+, cough, congestion, sinus burning, short breath, bloated, minor ache, chest pain, sleeping, dizzy.

Gregory's: according to head floor nurse, fever and chills. He will stay in bed all day today and have meals in room.

I have stayed in bed and not visited Lieberman since the day after Christmas.

Floor nurse informed me of Gregory's condition, that the doctor would visit again today, that on assisted living floors 6 and 7 they have begun quarantineing, and that everyone on 5 has received the Tamiflu Medicine. 

I have a call into my doctor and have Isaac around to help if needed.

I asked Manny to come in earlier and stay later during Gregory's illness.

The difference is that I can communicate my aches and pains and needs while Gregory cannot. I wonder if the flu is worse when you can gripe about it or when you don't know the difference, just that you don't feel right?

I am happy that Manny can spend more time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!