FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Change of Attitude

Through her plaque coated, uneven, yellow teeth she hissed. "Come over here."

I stopped and leaned over to show her I was listening.

"I want to get out of here!" she said meaning she was done with dinner and wanted to leave the dining room.

I gave my usual reply to situations like this, "The helper will come to get you next. You have to be patient."

She reached up, grabbed my beard, and with each word gave a fairly strong pull, "That - is - what -  they - always - say!" And she let go.

"They have you on the list and won't forget you," my usual reply, but this time amused at her approach.

"I know. I will be patient. Thank you for your help." she smiled through her plaque coated, uneven, yellow teeth. This time without a hiss but with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!