FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What if IT happened to me?

Of course dementia can happen to anyone so yes I have thought about it. I am not sure that there is anything I could do to "prevent" it in addition to what I already do to live a healthy, active, productive life.


I have prepared our finances in a way that the next in line trustee would take control of Gregory and my personal and medical lives and decisions if I couldn't whether due to a form of dementia or something like a stroke or heart attack. 


If I began to feel dementia creeping in I hope I would recognize it, as least in the early stages, and take action. We have a large enough support group that someone would let me know if they thought I needed a "look see."


It would be very important to me then, as we did in the past for Gregory, to control all those things I can and provide for the future of those which I may not be able. Never easy but as I have written before, can't spend (waste) too much time anticipating what MIGHT be at the risk of missing the wonderful that still is.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and always praying for health and happiness for you and Greg.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!